Monday, July 25, 2011

Writing Center

About 4 years ago, I started using mini-picture dictionaries in my writing center.  Most of them are theme based.  I use cheap picture albums to hold the pictures.  I just find the pictures off the internet, download them into an index card document and then use a text box to write the word for the students.  They love them and use them all the time.  Some of the picture dictionaries I've made include:


  • Our school: classmates, faculty, objects found during the day
  • Kansas Day
  • Food
  • Holidays & Seasons
  • Science & Social Studies themes ~ Five Senses, Weather, etc.
I wish I had pictures or even documents to share with you, but they are at school and on my school computer.  One more reason to move everything to google docs!!

No comments: