Monday, July 25, 2011

Animated Literacy

I have been using Jim Stone's Animated Literacy program for 6 years now and I don't think you could make me change.  I love it!!  This is the second school I have taught at that has used the program and I think all 7 team members I've had would agree with me when I say it is truly the BEST literacy program for Kindergarten!!

The program produces great readers and writers!!  It amazes me how easily the students slide into writing.  When we begin writing our sentences closer to the 2nd semester, I like to use the following papers for writing.  The students illustrate the drawing lesson above the dotted line.  I do not use "railroad" lines in my classroom for sentence writing.  I went to a conference once that said Kindergarten students are not ready for these lines, so I use a single line.  The students do really good.  I do alot of modeling.

Sentence Paper